Monday, February 22, 2016

A Heart In... What?!

{Image Source}
Have you ever thought that maybe your sweet, little heart in waiting might actually be a heart in direct opposition? Or maybe a heart in stubborn protest? I know that I've found myself in both of those places on multiple occasions; and a lot of others if I had to be honest. Just in the past couple of days I've realized that my heart isn't one in 'waiting' as much as it's a heart in "I'll do it all by myself". 

I tend to have a problem with trying to fix everything on my own. I'm not even sure why I do it. I mean, really, how can my human, worthless hands be any better at fixing things than the hands of the very God that created the universe? Sometimes I can be really stupid. Nevertheless, here I am again. Last night I was praying- crying out to God to be more accurate, just asking Him to take control, to take over. It felt like one of those "Jesus, take the wheel" moments. I had mentally and emotionally driven myself into this pit that I, in my state of "I'll do it all by myself," couldn't manage to get out of. 

Do you know what God did; or, more truthfully, what God didn't do? He didn't appear out of the dark shadows of my room with blazing glory ready to slay all of my issues. He didn't send thunder and lightning to fix everything in an epic display of His might. He didn't immediately snap His fingers and make all of my problems disappear. He did quietly whisper this promise to me:

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." [Exodus 14:14]

You see, friends, The Lord was asking me to step back into my role of a heart in waiting. He was asking me to relinquish my hold on everything else and just wait on Him once again. In my mind I had come up with all of these possible solutions and here He was quietly requesting me to give those up. Last night, I did. This morning, during my morning quiet time with Him, I did again. It's so easy to pick those other hearts back up.

I don't know where you are today. I don't know what state your heart is in. I do know, however, that I serve a God that is willing and able to fight for us. He's always ready to pick up what we lay at His feet. I encourage to today to search your heart and see just what state you are in right now.  Lay those other hearts at His feet and watch in expectation as He transforms not only your situation, but also as He transforms you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment