Saturday, October 7, 2017

Lord, While I'm Single...




Lord, use me while I'm single;
While my life is all my own.
Wield me as Your vessel-
To bring glory to Your throne.

Lord, teach me while I'm single; 
While there's no one by my side.
Instruct me in Your wisdom,
Humble all my pride.

Lord, grow me while I'm single;
While my choice is just for me.
Break down every hind'rance-
Of my anxiety.

Lord, stretch me while I'm single;
While for none I do account.
Let your zeal flow through me,
As if a raging fount.

Lord, cleanse me while I'm single;
While I've none to hold my hand.
Remove each piece of me-
That holiness can't stand.

Lord, prune me while I'm single;
While no one can claim my gaze.
Discard all the dead in me,
That does not bring You praise.

And if Lord, while I'm single,
I do not seek Your face;
Then let not one come near me,
That could distract from Your grace.

Lord, keep me while I'm single;
Focused wholly onto You.
Let me not stray side to side,
Or let my feet go askew.

Lord, hone me while I'm single;
While it's just You and me.
Prepare me for that someone,
If it's in Your will to be.

Lord Jesus, while I'm single,
Don't let me run or dart.
Bind me in Your loving arms.
Guard my ever wand'ring heart.

Lord, use me while I'm single;
Profoundly by Your power.
Till the day You have us meet,
Keep me working every hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment