Monday, December 28, 2015

I'm STILL Waiting!

{Image Source}

Just a small word of encouragement for all y’all today:

I was spacing in and out of our morning announcements at our homeschool co-op a couple weeks ago waiting to be dismissed so that I could proceed to teach my pre-k class. There was a devotional being spoken out of Luke 2 and I honestly wasn’t thrilled about another mundane Christmas word. Something she said caught my attention though.
The speaker began to go back to the Old Testament. She reminded us that before the angel came (technically first to Zachariah and Elizabeth) to Mary, the Lord had not spoken for around 450 years! That’s a long time to not hear from Him. Just think, generations of people went literally their whole lifetime without ever hearing a living Word from the God they served. The speaker went on to encourage us with more detail on the Christmas account, but my mind stayed put.

HERE’S WHY

                I’ve been in a rut lately. I’m not sure what God has for me or where He wants me to be. It seems that whenever I go towards a door that I believe leads to His will, he slams it shut. I get upset and, admittedly, sometimes even angry at God for being silent; for not telling me what He wants. I know I need to be patient, and I do try, but it’s hard sometimes. Yet that reminder of God’s long silence to His own chosen people was like a balm to my hurting heart.


                You see, it doesn’t matter how long God makes you or me wait. We will still never be waiting as long as 450 years! God has promised us answers if we seek Him [James 1:5]; He has given us the Holy Spirit as our Counselor [John 14:26]; and He said that if we make Him our delight, He will give us the desires of our heart. [Psalm 37:4]  God will come through for us. We only need to keep trusting in His promises and, well,  keep waiting.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment