Monday, November 23, 2015

A Letter From Daddy

{Image Source}
A Letter From Daddy

"My precious daughter, My earthly delight,

None is more special than you in my sight.

Your features are mine. My reflection you are.

Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not up to par.

Your figure is pleasant, you’re not a disgrace.

I love every “blemish” that appears on your face.

Some proclaim you as “ugly”; too fat or too thin.

Please don’t ever listen to their opinion!

I set the standard and the goals you should preach;

And I never said the exact pound you should reach.

So don’t focus on that, keep your eyes only on me.

Then I will change how it is that you see.



As far as those scars that you cover and hide,

The ones that are seen and those deep inside.

I know how you got them and right where they're at.

And I love you in spite of them; yes, that's a fact.

When you're hurting I hurt, so I know your pain.

I won't hold sins against you. I don't play that game.

Let me mend all your scars and heal all your hurt.

Let me clean every wound from the grit and the dirt.

Run to your Daddy. Let me wipe all your tears.

Tell me your hopes and your dreams and your fears.

I'll understand if you make a mistake.

Don't give me that brave face; I know it's fake.


Remember, I knew you before you even were.

I haven't changed just because you're not sure.

When you're in it so deep that you don't even know how;

Remember: I loved you then and I love you now.



Now just one more thing, baby, before I close.

I love your whole body, from you head to your toes.

I made you real special; all your curve, shape and line.

I did it on purpose, 'twas my unique design.

Just do me one thing. It's not much I ask;

Yet I understand that it's no easy task.

Dress modestly, darling, put on some clothes!

I have reasons that even Eve needed those!

You know all those trinkets you have out on display.

They're the ones that get touched and messed with each day.

They're exposed to the dust and the filth of the air;

And they're looked at so much that you start to not care.

But the most valuable ones are wrapped up and secure.

You want to protect them. Keep them stainless and pure.

Now that's not to say that they'll never get used!

But only when it's special and they won't get abused.

Your body is like this; A valuable prize.

Don't let it be devalued by everyone's eyes.

Cover, protect it; don't flaunt it around.

I know how counter cultural this sounds.

Your body's not bad and don't hide it for shame.

If it's done for wrong motives it'll all be in vain.

I've told you "you're beautiful" and I never lie.

But this is one instance where I'll go on to say why. 

You're My temple, you see, if I live in your heart.

This is the reason that I've set you apart.

You need to be different 'cause you’re shining my light.

No matter what people say; and sometimes in spite!



So My precious, My child, My princess. That's you!

You've heard what I've said and you know what to do.

I've given you the tools. Now you've got this girl!

Step with me in faith and go rock the world.

I'll always be with you. Like an unmovable stone.

Friends come and friends go, but you're never alone.



In closing I'll say one more thing; okay, two:

You're Daddy's little girl; and I sure do love you!"

-God

No comments:

Post a Comment