Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What Am I Waiting For?


Okay, so I don’t know about you, but I am pretty impatient. I despise waiting! Even in this ready-made, prepackaged, microwave society there is still a lot that we all have to just grin-and-bear, am I right?! I mean, the earlier it is in the morning, the longer I feel that it takes for that hot water to heat! [Side note: I’m a hot tea drinker, forget that coffee stuff.  J] Seriously though, we wait for the weather app to load, because who gets dressed before they find out what they weather will be for the day?  We wait for a response to our questions. We wait for the day to be over so that we can go to bed; and then when we’re in bed we are basically just waiting for morning to come so we can start the next day! We wait at stop signs and red lights and sometimes even green lights! Our whole world goes 100mph and every little slow(er) zone gives us a good case of life-rage. (See what I did there?)

So if almost everything in life forces us to wait, and I, personally, am so terrible at the whole idea, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I CHOOSE THIS FOR MY BLOG THEME? Well. Because the more I learn about the Lord, and the closer our relationship gets, the more I believe that patience and the ability to actively wait are VERY important traits to not only master for ourselves as individuals, but also teach and encourage in those around us.

What do I mean by all of this? Well, have you ever heard the parable of the 10 Virgins? Jesus told it to the crowd following Him during one of the last messages He would ever speak. (You can find the whole account in Matthew 25. ) To quickly summarize, there were 10 young women waiting for the return of the Bridegroom. Upon his return, they were to celebrate He and His bride’s wedding with feasting and merriment. No one knew when He was coming, so these women were in anxious anticipation. As the day(s) went on 5 of the women began to prepare extra oil for their lamps while the others only mocked their forethought and, eventually, fell asleep. When the Bridegroom arrived late one night, the 5 that were prepared were able to go directly to the celebration, while the rest had to (first wipe the sleep out of their eyes and) go and purchase enough supplies to survive the party. Being that they arrived to the feast late, the door was locked and they banged for entrance. The Bridegroom answered the door and sent them away saying that He had no relationship with such foolish women.

So what? Ladies and Gents, guys and girls, WE ARE THE ONES WAITING!  ‘Look! The bridegroom [is coming]! Go out to meet HIM.’ (Matthew 25:6 AMP) Jesus is coming. You know that. I don’t have to tell you that. I’m only encouraging you on what to do with that information. Yes. We know not the day or hour. It’s true that we can’t always be looking to the skies. You know what else is true? The Lord has jobs for each of us to do while we wait. As ‘a Heart in waiting’ I only want to help you understand what some of those are.

Something else; this heart is in waiting for her literal bridegroom. Maybe you’ve already found the man or woman that the Lord has for you, but I’m not there yet. Many of us aren’t. I want to help you realize and bring to fruition the fact that there is a lot that we, as unmarried young people, can be doing in preparation for the blessing of marriage. This goes for both young men and young women. I won’t single either gender out on here; it’s a free-to-browse-internet. Just know that some of the content on here may be slightly angled toward the ladies, simply because it’s coming from my brain and I am, well, a lady… ANYWAY, there are countless physical, emotional AND spiritual things we can be doing before we are ‘marriage material’ for anyone. Together I hope we can begin to lay out some of those points and apply them to our own circumstances.


Ultimately, the main reason I’m doing all of this is because I felt the Lord’s leading in doing so. I don’t want to get up to glory and hear ‘I assure you and most solemnly say to you, I do not know you [we have no relationship].’” (Matthew 25:12) So, as for this ‘Heart in waiting’, I purpose to ready my lamps. The only question is: WILL YOU JOIN ME? 

No comments:

Post a Comment